Wednesday 30 July 2008

Awesome Band Alert: NEMO

I've had this band on my radar for a while because they're friends of the Mighty Boosh and have even had cameo appearances in the show, but I hadn't gotten around to listening with them until now. I'm pretty sure the Boosh have impeccable taste because I've loved just about every band/comedian I've heard about through them (Robots in Disguise, IAMX, Richard Ayoade, etc)...and Nemo is no different.



James from Nemo is in the foreground. To his right is Chris Corner of IAMX. Behind them on the next animal statue is Julia Davis (comedian/Julian Barratt's partner) and Sue Denim from Robots in Disguise. Behind that is Julian Barratt, and then at the back is Noel Fielding and Dee Plume from Robots in Disguise.

I absolutely LOVE this song...

CAR CRASH EYES



And Alice Lowe(from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and the Mighty Boosh) is in the video!


LIFESPAN




RESCUE THE REVOLUTION





You can buy & download their album HERE. DO IT NOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey MB, just found your blog crusing for Chris Corner images to non-verbally label my burns. Very few known artists of his caliber. The company he keeps is pure, thus your ethic holds. I wish they'd all come stateside some more - after the inauguration, maybe warm-blooded types will migrate to our tattered shores with greater frequency. Peace, NEA