Sunday 6 July 2008

The Mighty Boosh Festival a.k.a the Best Day of My Life: Part I

So yesterday was pretty much the best day of my life. I went to the Mighty Boosh Festival at the Hop Farm in Kent, which is about 30 minutes from where I'm staying if you don't get lost.

I've got so much to say that I'm gonna do this post in several parts :O)

I will post some pictures and videos throughout this post, but you can see all of my pictures here:

Mighty Boosh Fest Pictures


Because we got a little lost on the way there, I didn't get to the box office until around 12:30pm, and I picked up my ticket. Unfortunately, they don't let you keep your ticket, but I got many other things to remember the day by, so I'll be fine.

On the way to the box office I bought an official program, which was really cheap at only 5 quid and was really cool. It came on a lanyard and had lots of Boosh Art on it.





Once I got inside, I immediately went to the Nabootique and bought myself some official merchandise. I got 3 things:

1)A green shirt with a drawing of the Hitcher on the front and "Eels Up Inside Ya! Findin' an Entrance Where They Can" written on the back.





2)A blue Festival shirt which has some silhouetted trees on the bottom and a starry sky with a "constellation" of the Boosh Monkey Logo on it and the lineup written on the back.





3)A Mighty Boosh Bag that has a drawing of the Boosh Monkey Logo on one side and "Nabootique" written on the other.





I then bought a pint of cider and some roasted nuts and sat on the grass while Polar Bear played.









After that, I went up to the stage and got as close as possible (about 2nd row at that point) to watch Robots In Disguise's set. Eleanor (played by Rich Fulcher) introduced them while also officially opening the festival with one of her trademark "Hellooooooooos!".



RiD were really great and fun and got everyone into a great mood. I can't wait to see them in Camden next week!







After that there was a DJ set by DJ Midfield General, which was very good. He played several tracks that had Noel Fielding's stand-up routines over them, which were hilarious.








Next up, Eleanor introduced White Denim, which is a really great band from Texas. My favorite song by them is "Shake Shake Shake":








By this point, a couple people had left so I ended up in the front row, right against the railing, and a little bit off to the left. After White Denim, The Kills played. I had heard really great things about them and I wasn't disappointed. They were one of my favorite parts of the day. Plus I thought they looked really cool, which is why I took a bunch of pictures of them.









My favorite song by the Kills is "Cheap & Cheerful":






From where I was standing, I could see Noel Fielding watching the Kills from the wings, which needless to say was very distracting.





***Coming Up in Part 2: Robots In Disguise DJ Set, Gary Numan, Random Matt Berry sighting, Jarvis Cocker DJ Set, The Charlatans, Har Mar Superstar, Peaches DJ Set.

***Coming Up in Part 3: THE MIGHTY BOOSH & the ride home

No comments: