Thursday 1 May 2008

Teitur Concert -- Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday night I went to Jammin' Java for Teitur's "The Singer" CD release party.

The openers were Helgi, who is a member of his band, and a band called Old Springs Pike.

Helgi's music was somewhat in the same vein as Teitur's and he has a great voice. He seemed really nice as well. He is from Iceland, and his sister was also in Teitur's band.





Old Springs Pike were really, really good. They played sort of folksy rock. I was bummed that they didn't have any cds to sell (their EP comes out in a couple of months), because I definately would have bought one. They even did a Beatles cover!!












It was amusing that the entire crowd was sitting down in a semi-circle in front of the stage through both openers, and even through the first few songs of Teitur's set.

His set was AMAZING! He's a phenomenal songwriter and hes got an amazing voice. They played all of the songs from his new cd, "The Singer." They were right up my alley. The album is very theatrical. Some of it is somewhat depressing, some of it is upbeat, but all of the songs are beautiful. He also played "Louis Louis", "Josephine" and "I Was Just Thinking" which are some of my favorite songs of his. I was blown away by his solo acapella rendition of "The Singer."













After the show, I bought Helgi's cd and Teitur's new cd, and then got them both to sign their respective cds. I even got a picture with Teitur, which I love, even though I look slightly bald and he looks slightly deceased.

No comments: